Yesterday, I posted that I was going to come up with some monthly goals/challenges for myself and then I found the blog Life as a Mom who hosts Frugal Fridays…Now that I’ve finally decided that I am actually going to do something about getting myself out of debt. So here are my goals for the month of July…They are pretty “rough” to begin with but I’m sure as I get more situated with my situation I’ll be able to fine tune my goals and challenges more.
1. Start using our library more
~ Pay late fee
~ Get pin # so I order books from other libraries
2. Start putting a little extra $ toward credit card debt from each paycheck.
3. Put a little extra $ into savings from each paycheck….I have a certain amount already deposited into my savings from each paycheck…just want to up the anty a little bit more.
4. OIL CHANGE!!!
5. Come up with a bi-weekly budget the Tuesday that paychecks are made avaliable to view (we can view our paychecks the tuesday morning of the week that we get paid).
6. Start using cash.
7. Start keeping track of Walgreens reciepts and savings.
~ Get ES
~ Start reviewing weekly ad
8. Start meal planning.
~ Clean and organize pantry
~ Come up with a grocery budget
9. Try to use debit card as little as possible
10. Organize statements, paid bills, etc.
11. Start making lists and stick to them.
12. No “extra curriculars” (other than the ones that have been planned in advance of me taking on this new mind set)
~ Tracy Byrd concert
~ Green County Fair
You can read more about my journey to become debt free on my “The Country Girl Talks Money” page. Where I provide links to the posts pertaining to my taking responsibility for my financial future.