I’ve finally said enough is enough and I’m working on getting myself out of debt. I even posted my goals and challenges for the month of July here on the blog. To say the least….so far I’m realizing it’s harder than it looks to change your own mindset towards money. I am NOT giving up though….I refuse to give up!
So lets recap the month….
1. I’ve started using cash more often….I have found that when I’m dealing with cash I think through “need” versus “want” a little more.
2. As a result of using cash, I have change….which I’m putting into my cute little whale bank which will then be put into my savings when it’s full.
3. At the beginning of the month I did really well with my “use my debit card as little as possible” goal…I don’t know how it happend but somewhere along about the middle of the month I fell off that wagon pretty hard.
4. In order to get my fill of reading material (I’m on a BIG reading kick right now) I’ve joined Box-O-Books on paperbackswap.com….I highly recommend it! I’m very pleased with the service so far and it’s pretty cheap too ($8.50 for a whole year….I don’t know about you but I can read a WHOLE LOT of books in that time!)
5. I still haven’t been to the library yet.
6. I will be organizing my statements, bills, etc. today.
7. I’ve been doing some more studying of the “frugal living” blogs that I have in my google reader….Learning lots….just have to come up with a way to implement the information into my situation.
8. I’ve been trying to visit Life as Mom’s blog on Friday’s which is Frugal Friday to learn what others are doing to cut back, save, etc.
9. I’ve gone so far as to order the book called The Complete Cheapskate by Mary Hunt off of paperbackswap.com after reading a review for it on one of the blogs that contributes to Frugal Fridays.
10. Hoping to become more successful with my August goals and challenges.