After much thinking after I posted my previous post yesterday (because I didn’t have a computer) I have decided that I am going back to the “Dark Side” (Blogger) as my bloggy pal Pooba calls it. I’m still Confessions of a Country Girl but just at a different location….. http://confessionsofacountrygirl2.blogspot.com/. Now here is why I quit you WordPress…..
1. You make it a pain in the but leave comments on my other wordpress blogging pals.
2. I don’t like that I only have 1 font selection.
3. It’s a pain in the butt to add HTML to my posts.
4. I’ve decided that I like knowing when my bloggy pals have updated their blogs.
5. I don’t like that it took me 3 freaking days to figure out how to get the time on my posts to be accurate…why can’t you do the time zone thing like Blogger?!
6. In addition to making it a pain in the butt to leave comments on my wordpress pals….you make it difficult to leave comments on pretty much any blog that blogs on blogger format!
I could keep going on but I have a new blog to get set up so I hope to see you all over at the new place….if I don’t catch you over at the new place….it’s been a pleasure.
I almost quit blogging! While I was at work one night someone somewhere hacked into my wordpress account and posted some pretty horrible and highly inappropriate content on my blog….good thing I caught it while on my break and got it deleted before anyone (hopefully) saw it. If you haven’t noticed I’ve been in kind of a bloggy funk lately….There are things that are going on in my life, as well as with my blog that are just making me crazy! All the problems that I’ve been having with wordpress are making Blogger look at that more appealing to me again! The only downside is that if I moved again I would need to make new bloggy friends….but to be honest….it seems to me that I was able to make new bloggy friends easier when I was on Blogger. So many things to consider…so little time.
A farmer went out one day and bought a brand new stud rooster for his chicken coop. The new rooster struts over to the old rooster and says, ‘OK old fart, Time for you to retire.’
The old rooster replies, ‘Come on, surely you cannot handle
ALL of these chickens.
Look what it has done to me
Can’t you just let me have the two old hens over in the corner?’
The young rooster says,
‘Beat it: You are washed up
And I am taking over.’
The old rooster says,
‘I tell you what, young stud.
I will race you around the farmhouse. Whoever wins gets the exclusive domain over the entire chicken coop.’
The young rooster laughs.
‘You know you don’t stand a chance, old man.
So, just to be fair,
I will give you a head start.’
The old rooster takes off running… About 15 seconds later the young rooster takes off running after him.
They round the front porch of the farmhouse and the young rooster has closed the gap.
He is only about 5 feet behind the old rooster and gaining fast!
The farmer, meanwhile, is sitting in his usual spot on the front porch
when he sees the roosters running by.
The Old Rooster is squawking
and running as hard as he can.
The Farmer grabs his shotgun and
He blows the young rooster to bits. The farmer sadly shakes his head and says,
Third gay rooster I bought this month.’
Moral of this
Don’t mess with the OLD FARTS —
Age, skill, wisdom, and a little treachery
always overcome youth and arrogance!
OLD DUDES RULE !!!!!
A couple of months ago I bought myself a Wii Fit. I’ve been wanting one since they first came out and I finally got one. Only problem is that since I’ve gotten it I’ve managed to screw up my left knee….needless to say I haven’t been using it recently because my knee occasionally bothers me.
When I threw myself on the scale yesterday….I was NOT happy to see the number. Now I’m going to force myself to finally start using my Wii Fit.
If Betty can do it so can I! Chat at you all later! Gotta get some sleep for work tonight…
Why does my blog hate me?! I’ve been out trying to leave comments out there in the blogosphere and wordpress is giving me all sorts of crap about my openID! If this keeps up I may just get pissed off enough to “divorce” wordpress AGAIN! It should NOT be this hard to comment on people’s blogs!
A cowboy rides into town on Friday and leaves three days later on Friday…How’d he do it?
Last month I posted a bunch of goals and challenges for myself to try to accomplish during the month of July. Let’s just say it’s easier said than done. But I am NOT about to give up….I refuse to give up….I NEED to get myself out of debt!
1. Consolidate my trips to save gas/money.
2. Use my debit card as little as possible.
3. Continue to use cash….I am able to distinguish “need” versus “want” better when I’m paying with cash.
4. Continue to fill my whale bank with the change from paying with cash.
5. Continue to come up with a bi-weekly budget the Tuesday that my check is available for viewing.
6. Open an ING savings account…The intrest rate on an ING savings account right now is 1.40%, which is considerably more than my regular savings intrest rate.
7. Read The Complete Cheapskate.
8. Hopefully get new brakes and rotors put on my car.
9. Continue to put a little more $ towards credit card debt.
10. Continue to put a little more $ into my savings.
I’ve finally said enough is enough and I’m working on getting myself out of debt. I even posted my goals and challenges for the month of July here on the blog. To say the least….so far I’m realizing it’s harder than it looks to change your own mindset towards money. I am NOT giving up though….I refuse to give up!
So lets recap the month….
1. I’ve started using cash more often….I have found that when I’m dealing with cash I think through “need” versus “want” a little more.
2. As a result of using cash, I have change….which I’m putting into my cute little whale bank which will then be put into my savings when it’s full.
3. At the beginning of the month I did really well with my “use my debit card as little as possible” goal…I don’t know how it happend but somewhere along about the middle of the month I fell off that wagon pretty hard.
4. In order to get my fill of reading material (I’m on a BIG reading kick right now) I’ve joined Box-O-Books on paperbackswap.com….I highly recommend it! I’m very pleased with the service so far and it’s pretty cheap too ($8.50 for a whole year….I don’t know about you but I can read a WHOLE LOT of books in that time!)
5. I still haven’t been to the library yet.
6. I will be organizing my statements, bills, etc. today.
7. I’ve been doing some more studying of the “frugal living” blogs that I have in my google reader….Learning lots….just have to come up with a way to implement the information into my situation.
8. I’ve been trying to visit Life as Mom’s blog on Friday’s which is Frugal Friday to learn what others are doing to cut back, save, etc.
9. I’ve gone so far as to order the book called The Complete Cheapskate by Mary Hunt off of paperbackswap.com after reading a review for it on one of the blogs that contributes to Frugal Fridays.
10. Hoping to become more successful with my August goals and challenges.
I am a BIG TIME reader. I LOVE it when I find a new author or book that I absolutely LOVE. The downside to being a big time reader is that sometimes I fall prey to the “I must have a brand spanking new copy” of a certain book when in actuality a used copy is just as good. So now that I have decided that I am going to be taking a LOT more responsibilty for my personal finances in an effort to get myself out of debt I thought that this week on Frugal Friday I would share with you ways that I “fund” my reading habit or will be implementing to “fund” my reading habit.
What I HAVE implemented so far:
1. I have a rather large, rather random collection of reading material already here at home, so I’ve been slowly making my way through that. The books that I have don’t enjoy, probably won’t read again, I find I have multiple copies of, etc………end up in #2 or donated.
2. Joined paperbackswap.com. On paperbackswap.com I am able to share the “excess” of my personal collection with readers all over the place. The best part is that the books that I list on paperbackswap are listed for free and I recieve credits for the books that I post, which I am able to use towards the books that I would like to have. The only money I have spent so far since I’ve joined paperbackswap is the postage fee for the books that I’ve sent out, which is usually less than $3.
3. I use my local independent bookstore. We have an independent bookstore in our little town that I have found to be a new resource too. So far I have been able to save a considerable amount of time/gas/money using this resource.
4. Thrift stores….My mom and I love to go “dumpster diving” at thrift stores like Goodwill and St. Vincent de Paul’s. Most of the time we can leave with a bag full of books and spend what we would have spent on 1 brand new book at a bookstore.
What I WILL be implementing:
5. Public library…I have been REALLY BAD with this one in the past. I don’t know why to be honest. This one is pretty self explanitory.
6. Used bookstores….I just found out last week that we actually have a used bookstore in our town! That and I live pretty close to 2 other used bookstores, 1 is sort of out of the way and the other is actually in the process of moving into the same shopping complex that I work in, also. What I love about the used bookstores in my area is that they will allow me to trade in my books (if I choose to do that) for store credit and/or cash.
I need your advice…..We have been having trouble finding a dog food for our girls that doesn’t make one or the other or both for that matter sick. Last week we tried a new food and it made both of our girls VERY sick. So far the only food that they’ve both eaten that doesn’t make either of them sick is Science Diet. Which normally this wouldn’t be a problem, except that buying the dog food is my job and Science Diet isn’t exactly budget friendly.
Here is what we’ve tried:
Walmart brand (pre-Gus)
All but the Walmart brand dog food are quality dog foods but we’ve struck out with them all. I am not opposed to feeding the girls Science Diet…I would just have to budget more than we’ve ever spent on dog food.
On to the randomness….I’m thinking that either today or tomorrow (weather permitting) I’m going to go to the zoo. The upside to our local zoo….It’s free admission! Plus, there may be plenty of photo opportunities….got to get my photo’s together for both of the open shows that I am participating in at a couple of local county fairs.