After much thinking after I posted my previous post yesterday (because I didn’t have a computer) I have decided that I am going back to the “Dark Side” (Blogger) as my bloggy pal Pooba calls it. I’m still Confessions of a Country Girl but just at a different location….. http://confessionsofacountrygirl2.blogspot.com/. Now here is why I quit you WordPress…..
1. You make it a pain in the but leave comments on my other wordpress blogging pals.
2. I don’t like that I only have 1 font selection.
3. It’s a pain in the butt to add HTML to my posts.
4. I’ve decided that I like knowing when my bloggy pals have updated their blogs.
5. I don’t like that it took me 3 freaking days to figure out how to get the time on my posts to be accurate…why can’t you do the time zone thing like Blogger?!
6. In addition to making it a pain in the butt to leave comments on my wordpress pals….you make it difficult to leave comments on pretty much any blog that blogs on blogger format!
I could keep going on but I have a new blog to get set up so I hope to see you all over at the new place….if I don’t catch you over at the new place….it’s been a pleasure.
I almost quit blogging! While I was at work one night someone somewhere hacked into my wordpress account and posted some pretty horrible and highly inappropriate content on my blog….good thing I caught it while on my break and got it deleted before anyone (hopefully) saw it. If you haven’t noticed I’ve been in kind of a bloggy funk lately….There are things that are going on in my life, as well as with my blog that are just making me crazy! All the problems that I’ve been having with wordpress are making Blogger look at that more appealing to me again! The only downside is that if I moved again I would need to make new bloggy friends….but to be honest….it seems to me that I was able to make new bloggy friends easier when I was on Blogger. So many things to consider…so little time.
A farmer went out one day and bought a brand new stud rooster for his chicken coop. The new rooster struts over to the old rooster and says, ‘OK old fart, Time for you to retire.’
The old rooster replies, ‘Come on, surely you cannot handle
ALL of these chickens.
Look what it has done to me
Can’t you just let me have the two old hens over in the corner?’
The young rooster says,
‘Beat it: You are washed up
And I am taking over.’
The old rooster says,
‘I tell you what, young stud.
I will race you around the farmhouse. Whoever wins gets the exclusive domain over the entire chicken coop.’
The young rooster laughs.
‘You know you don’t stand a chance, old man.
So, just to be fair,
I will give you a head start.’
The old rooster takes off running… About 15 seconds later the young rooster takes off running after him.
They round the front porch of the farmhouse and the young rooster has closed the gap.
He is only about 5 feet behind the old rooster and gaining fast!
The farmer, meanwhile, is sitting in his usual spot on the front porch
when he sees the roosters running by.
The Old Rooster is squawking
and running as hard as he can.
The Farmer grabs his shotgun and
He blows the young rooster to bits. The farmer sadly shakes his head and says,
Third gay rooster I bought this month.’
Moral of this
Don’t mess with the OLD FARTS —
Age, skill, wisdom, and a little treachery
always overcome youth and arrogance!
OLD DUDES RULE !!!!!
A couple of months ago I bought myself a Wii Fit. I’ve been wanting one since they first came out and I finally got one. Only problem is that since I’ve gotten it I’ve managed to screw up my left knee….needless to say I haven’t been using it recently because my knee occasionally bothers me.
When I threw myself on the scale yesterday….I was NOT happy to see the number. Now I’m going to force myself to finally start using my Wii Fit.
If Betty can do it so can I! Chat at you all later! Gotta get some sleep for work tonight…
Why does my blog hate me?! I’ve been out trying to leave comments out there in the blogosphere and wordpress is giving me all sorts of crap about my openID! If this keeps up I may just get pissed off enough to “divorce” wordpress AGAIN! It should NOT be this hard to comment on people’s blogs!
A cowboy rides into town on Friday and leaves three days later on Friday…How’d he do it?
Last month I posted a bunch of goals and challenges for myself to try to accomplish during the month of July. Let’s just say it’s easier said than done. But I am NOT about to give up….I refuse to give up….I NEED to get myself out of debt!
1. Consolidate my trips to save gas/money.
2. Use my debit card as little as possible.
3. Continue to use cash….I am able to distinguish “need” versus “want” better when I’m paying with cash.
4. Continue to fill my whale bank with the change from paying with cash.
5. Continue to come up with a bi-weekly budget the Tuesday that my check is available for viewing.
6. Open an ING savings account…The intrest rate on an ING savings account right now is 1.40%, which is considerably more than my regular savings intrest rate.
7. Read The Complete Cheapskate.
8. Hopefully get new brakes and rotors put on my car.
9. Continue to put a little more $ towards credit card debt.
10. Continue to put a little more $ into my savings.